Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Thank You

I really love this paper from Graphic 45! Poppy Fields is so fabulous! I'm almost out of it so I need to order more! The base is a piece of Poppy Red cardstock from Papertrey Ink. I love just how heavy their cardstock is! I then cut a piece of poppy Fields to layer over the base. I wanted to highlight just one poppy so I colored it a deeper shade of red, colored the stem a deeper green, then covered it in Liquid Glass. I stamped "Thank You" on vellum using black craft ink and black embossing powder. I trimmed that strip to about 1"wide. Then I made a couple of tiny marks to give me a guide of where to cut with a craft knife. I then slide the vellum under the flower, folded the excess behind the patterned paper and glued the whole piece down in place on the red cardstock. I love that shine on both the sentiment and the flower!

6 comments:

  1. Sim...seu campo de papoulas é fenomenal, ainda mais com uma papoula em destaque!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those poppies and your sentiment technique worked just perfectly. Great look! I just saw an inspiration photo today for one of the challenges that was a field of poppies like this. Your card would be perfect! Awesome job Jennifer! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Love those poppies and the overlay sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How beautiful really love the Graphic 45 paper and the vellum sentiment is the perfect touch... thanks for joining us at Simon Says Challenge blog

    ReplyDelete