Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Papercraft Star Challenge 60

I created this card a while back as my application for the Papercraft Star Design Team. It was a challenge for me since Steampunk is not my normal style. It's always fun for me to play with new forms of art and I really liked the way it turned out. And even more Thrilled they liked it too!!!

I started by taking black cardstock and spraying it with silver Glimmer Mist. Over that is a layer of gold shimmer paper that was aged with ink. The next layer was made by scanning a sheet of rub-ons from 7 Gypsies called "Time" and printing on cream cardstock. By doing that it allowed me to color the images and ink it all up. In various places I rubbed metallic paste added a bunch of vintage watch faces, a few random metal findings and a few square bronze brads.
I put Liquid Glass over elements like the watch faces, gears and hourglass for more definition. It is such a great medium to create "glass" or to use as glue.

Our generous sponsor The House Across The Bay has some FABULOUS digital designs and there is a special offer on Papercraft Star for Rilly's shop. You'll have to go check out all the other designers amazing projects!


                         Here's the Picture Inspiration for the Papercraft Star Challenge 60 Steampunk.
I hope you will come play along in this challenge!

Supplies
Paper: Gold Shimmer, True Black and Vintage Cream cardstock from Papertrey Ink
Ink: Vintage Touch Tea Dye Duo from Papertrey Ink, Brown Versa Color, metallic rub-on paste found at Gina K Designs
Copic Markers E33, E55, E57, E59
Miscellaneous: Vintage watch faces, random metal findings, brass square brads, Liquid Glass from Close To My Heart,
Rub-ons by 7Gypsies "Time" and silver Glimmer Mist

5 comments:

  1. Love it! I love that you used the printed image and then added metal over them. I agree with you about creating a "glass" look, fabulous. Wonderful work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card just blew me away when I saw it. I just thought it was such a great idea to make the print off the rub on sheet and make it the focal point of the card. This was a challenge for everyone on the team and everyone of us took on the steampunk challenge instead of going with just a metal element. LOL Guess we all like to step outside of the norm every once and a while. Fabulous project Jennifer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. O.K , this card I totally had to double click. What a great idea to add liquid glass over watch faces and gears! You always so such great things with texture!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jennifer! Oh how you've done an amazing job with the steam punk look! The clock faces, the findings, the detail - just gorgeous! You've definitely rocked this challenge! I am so happy to have you on the team!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an adorable card!!!! Fabulous tutorial!!! TFS!

    ReplyDelete