Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Thank You

I really love this paper from Graphic 45! Poppy Fields is so fabulous! I'm almost out of it so I need to order more! The base is a piece of Poppy Red cardstock from Papertrey Ink. I love just how heavy their cardstock is! I then cut a piece of poppy Fields to layer over the base. I wanted to highlight just one poppy so I colored it a deeper shade of red, colored the stem a deeper green, then covered it in Liquid Glass. I stamped "Thank You" on vellum using black craft ink and black embossing powder. I trimmed that strip to about 1"wide. Then I made a couple of tiny marks to give me a guide of where to cut with a craft knife. I then slide the vellum under the flower, folded the excess behind the patterned paper and glued the whole piece down in place on the red cardstock. I love that shine on both the sentiment and the flower!