Thursday, December 29, 2011

Our Christmas Trees

I just had to participate in the December Challenge "Happy Helmar Holidays".  They have another fabulous sketch to use. As long as they have monthly challenges I'll be playing along! It's been fun playing along recently. It's always a challenge for me to get scrapbook pages made.  I guess I just love making cards and always need to make a Thank You card. I used the "Deck The Halls" alphabet die from Lifestyle Crafts for the title. I made the red sparkle ornaments with their circle nesting dies and Cherry Bomb Glitter Blast spray paint from Krylon. It's so awesome!!!
I decided the trees needed to be the actual pictures of all my Christmas trees. I fussy cut  photographs of my trees then used Helmar's Zapdots foam mounting squares to pop them up. Have you tried the Helmar Premium Craft Glue? It's like using a hot glue gun, but with out the wait for a hot glue gun to heat up or burn your fingers. So Awesome!!! The Gingerbread tree goes on my kitchen table, I made some of the ornaments with polymer clay. I just love gingerbread! The large tree with burgundy ribbon is for in my living room.TheTop Hat tree is in Parker's room - it has all the handmade beaded snowflakes and garland I made on it. Here's the link for my photo tutorial on how to make them.  Last year I got Chad to help me make a Charlie Brown Christmas tree, it goes in the bonus room. 
  • Along the bottom the sentiments read "There seems a magic in the very name of Christmas. -Charles Dickens",     "We never outgrow our love for presents. -Alexandra Stoddard",      "The beginning is giving. -Muriel Rukeyser.     The white sentiment square reads "The best of all gifts around and Christmas tree: the presence of a happy family. -Burton Hills" The background paper is called Icon Dot Mistletoe from the Mistletoe collection of Making Memories.

Isn't it a great sketch!

2 comments:

  1. OH MY GOSH...these are AMAZING!!! Your trees are gorgeous and I love that you used your actual trees. Awesome take on the sketch. :)
    Thank you SO much for your comment on my blog and Happiest of Happy New Years to you too. :)
    Hugs,
    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm your newest follower from tatertots and jello-stop by for a visit!!

    ReplyDelete