Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Snowman Poop

Today I'm sharing my hot cocoa recipe and a fun little gift I will be giving to my sister Roxanne for Christmas. She's getting Snowman Poop!
Here's the inside of the treat packaging. You can see I stapled a snack size ziploc bag in it full of marshmallows, I mean snowman poop ;)
I made a matching card too. I think the snowman is so funny! I won this digital image recently from at challenge at Sugar Creek Hollow. It's called Bad Hair Day.
I used my Windsor & Newton Iridescent Medium to give a nice shimmer to the snowman. No onto the recipe for the best hot cocoa!



Ingredients

1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder

3/4 cup white sugar

1 pinch salt

1/3 cup boiling water

3 1/2 cups milk

3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract

1/2 cup half-and-half cream

Directions

Combine the cocoa, sugar and pinch of salt in a saucepan. Blend in the boiling water. Bring this mixture to an easy boil while you stir. Simmer and stir for about 2 minutes. Watch that it doesn't scorch. Stir in 3 1/2 cups of milk and heat until very hot, but do not boil! Remove from heat and add vanilla. Divide between 4 mugs. Add the cream to the mugs of cocoa to cool it to drinking temperature.

8 comments:

  1. What a great idea, love it! Thanks for joining us at SDC # 43.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! Who knew poop was cute?! hee hee Thanks for sharing at Really Reasonable Ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab idea, Linda looks great inside. Thanks for joining us at Stampotique.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never made my own cocoa but you almost make me want to try. ALMOST!! If I do I know my daughter would want it all the time and who has THAT kind of free time on their hands!? This is such a cute idea. I love the shimmer on the snowman. Thanks for playing Sugar Creek Hollow's challenge this week.
    Renee
    SCH DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a cute gift idea! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Really Reasonable Ribbon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the sentiment, will have to remember it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. very cute, love the sentiment. Thanks for joining us at Stampotique Designer's Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant creations. Thanks for joining us at Stampotique Designer's Challenge.

    ReplyDelete