Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Tea, tea it's time for tea!


This week at Papercraft Star the challenge is tea or coffee. I decided I would take the challenge of tea since I am a coffee drinker and the inspirational photo is a tea party scene. I used a template from Layers Of Color along with the digital image Roses Botanical 064 from The House Across The Bay to make the teacup.
 I can't help but think of Alice In Wonderland when I think of tea. I love the scene at the Mad Hatters Unbirthday Tea Party.The inside of the card is a pop up teacup. I think I will be sticking to dies to try this technique again! I love the way it turned out, but took me a while to get it glued down just right to pop up when the card is opened! Our Sponsor The House Across The Bay has some fun digital images of scenes of Alice In Wonderland. I thought this image would be fun to use as the tag for a teabag!
Come play along with us and you could win some fun digital images, you have until 6am eastern time on Monday to link up your project. I know the other designers are sure to wow you too!

I'm sharing this with Layers Of Color, Passionately ArtisticMake It Monday and The Stuff Of Success.

Supplies:
Stampers Select White Cardstock, 2008 Bitty Dot Basics paper from Papertrey Ink
Pink Damask paper from Stampin' Up!
Teacup Template from Layers Of Color
Adhesives from Helmar
Ribbon and twine from my stash
Metallic Gold Ink

6 comments:

  1. This is spectacular!!! I love the teacup and the card and Alice...wonderful combination!
    Thank you SO much for sharing your talent with us at Make It Monday! :)
    Good luck to you...
    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just delightful! Thank you so much for joining us at MIM this week! Happy New Year!
    Rene :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just stunning Jennifer! So imaginative and time consuming I'm sure. :-) The Alice tag is pure fun. Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely tea cup card. Love the design and the colours. Saw it on MIM and had to come in for a closer look. So glad I did. TFS. Happy new year;) Bettina xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jennifer you always have the best idea! I love this little tea cut using the botanicals, it works so well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Jennifer this is gorgeous - I love the roses too - so much beauty to 'drink in'! Thanks for sharing! {{{hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete