Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Baby It's Cold Outside

This week's challenge at Papercraft Star is winter. For this challenge I altered another chipboard house to make it hold a box of Kleenex. I painted it white then started the decorating the house Bright from the Starlight collection and Snowday digital elements from Pink Paislee. In the windows I used Victorian Women 170 from The House Across The Bay. I coated the roof and ground with glue then sprinkled with glitter.
I used puff paint to look like snow building up in the windows. I just love that patterned paper form Pink Paislee. It kinda reminded me of snowflakes falling. The glitter reminds me of the glisten snow seems to have, so pretty! Here's the link for a picture tutorial on how I alter the houses.

I hope you will come play along with us this week at Papercraft Star! You will have until 6am eastern time to link up your winter project to possibly win some digital images from our sponsor The House Across The Bay. The other designers are sure to inspire you too!

I'm sharing this with The Stuff Of Success, Passionatley Artistic, Pile It On, Crafty Calender Challenge, Speedy Cat Friends, Make It Monday, Tatertots and Jello, The Secret Crafter, Sparkles Forum, Crafts and Me, Little Darlings, Digital Tuesday, and One Stop Craft Challenges.

Supplies:
Digital Images: Victorian Women 170 form The House Across The Bay, Snowday elements from Pink Paislee
Chipboard house from Hobby Lobby
Starlight-Bright patterned paper from Pink Paislee
Misc: white paint, glitter,puff paint, trees and wreath from Hobby Lobby

24 comments:

  1. So glad I chose to visit you through MIM! This is a beautiful project!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a fun project, saw it on MIM and just had to check it out! Hugs, Frea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your house is so beautiful. I love the glitter and the women in the window.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous project!

    Thank you for joining us at Sparkles for our “Anything but a Christmas card” Challenge

    Hope you will join us again soon, good luck in the draw

    Shaz x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fabulous ... what a great idea to turn it into a tissue box! So clever

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just stunning, love it hun!

    Thank you for sharing with us at Sparkles FC, good luck!
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so cute! I saw it on Make it Mondays and I'm glad I came to look at it on your blog. It is lovely!
    Love Pearl x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is AWESOME! I love the image in the window! Thank you so much for joining us at Make it Monday! Remember, to be in the running to win the prize from our sponsor this week just leave a comment for another entry. Be sure to mention you saw them on Make It Monday. The more entries you comment on the more chances you have of winning! Good luck!
    Rene :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so cute! I found you through The Stuff of Success. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow this is stunning, such a lovely idea.
    I saw it on MIM :)
    hugs Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG!!! This is stunning!!!! So glad that I saw it at MIM

    Hugs
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am definitely going to do this, what a charming winter home, all cozy inside !!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. YAY! It's been a while since I've seen you make one of your gorgeous altered tissue boxes. This is just so pretty Jennifer and how cute is that to put those little Victoriam figures in the window you clever girl. :-) Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, this is so beautiful. I really want to look for one of these houses to decorate. It looks like it could be a lot of fun. Thank you for sharing your creations!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome. Thanks for joining Speedy the Cats Friends.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is beautiful!
    Thanks for joining us at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge & Pile It On!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Jennifer what a super cute tissue cover!!! I love the sparkles on the roof it looks like frost and the snow...BEAUTIFUL!

    Anitra

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow I love how you've altered this chipboard house. Looks spectacular. Love the white glittery snow effect and those snowflakes too. Saw it on MIM and had to come in for a closer look. Glad I did. TFS. Bettina xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. wow this is some very cool project.

    ReplyDelete
  20. lovely little home...so snug and sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you so much for your lovely comment ... I really appreciate it

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is amazing creation! Love the shimmery roof and the two little cute Christmas trees. Love it!
    Hugs
    - Maria

    ReplyDelete
  23. wow how cute is this !! such a clever idea love it thanks so much for joining us at little darlings this week
    hugs sara x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Incredible! the detail on this is amazing! :)
    So cute.
    Lina

    ReplyDelete