Monday, September 3, 2012

Happy Hauntings


Look at that sweet face!
 
This is a picture I took of Parker last year. I'm sure you can relate to just how difficult it is to get a picture of a child without them making silly faces! He's showing off some of his artwork that we used to make the Happy Hauntings banner behind him. We played with black, white, orange and purple acrylic paints. After our artwork dried I cut it up to make the banner shapes. Layered them with black crepe paper and topped it off with the Happy Haunting cards from Pink Paislee. They always have the most awesome Halloween collections!
 
I'm getting pretty excited about Halloween. After all it's Parker's favorite holiday!
 
 
I made this card with the Spooky Sweets stamp set from Papertrey Ink. By tearing white cardstock I formed the shape of the skull, then inked up the edges to age it. I stuck a red rhinestone in the eye socket. I left it misshapen, as if it would have been a pirate that wore an eye patch. 
 
 
Aren't the test tubes fun! I used the same stamp set to make the label. I love the velvet spiders and web on the ribbon! Parker is going to love all the sprinkles. He simply can't have plain ice cream. lol
 

7 comments:

  1. Fantastic!
    Thanks for playing with us at SFC!
    XXX Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love halloween crafts! :D Great spooky skull card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sure he will love those sprinkles in the tubes..Very cool. I love that you used his art to cut up to make banners. That is a special idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi. I found your blog from PTI and I just love what you've done to your new home. Please share pics with us of your craft studio. I've love to see them. Blessings to you and fab projects you create.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the test tube idea! Where do you find them? Thanks for playing along at Totally Stampalicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kendra. Thanks for asking, I found the test tubes at Walmart in the seasonal candy isle.

      Delete