Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Elegant Thank You Card

 
I simply love damask patterns. I find them classy and elegant.
 
The base of my card is Basic Grey. I heat embossed the damask pattern from a Stampin' Up! Sale-A-Bration set called Bliss on Sahara Sand cardstock. The grosgrain ribbon color is called So Saffron. I finished my card with a few rhinestones for a bit of sparkle.

 

Here you can get a hint of the sheen of the embossed damask pattern. I think this color combination is so lovely.
I made this thank you card for my neighbor Donna. Yesterday she was kind enough to surprise me with 3 big bags of craft goodness. They were filled with things like glitter glues, rhinestones, ribbons, fabrics, sequins even a calligraphy pen and nibs. It was such a delight to look through all the fun stuff. I had such a rough day at work yesterday. Boy was it ever a Monday! It was nice to forget about the issues, and think about creating something beautiful!  It's sometimes funny that something as small and trivial as a roll of ribbon can make me happy. But isn't that why most of us craft :)
 

15 comments:

  1. This is soooo elegant hunnie...love the embossing, Thank you so much for sharing with us this week at Make it Monday...

    Remember, to be in the running to win the prize from our sponsor this week just leave a comment for another entry. Be sure to mention you saw them on Make It Monday. The more entries you comment on the more chances you have of winning!

    Hugs,
    Marjorie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply lovely! Saw it on MIM! :)

    Hugs,
    xx Tracey xx
    My Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such an elegant card! It would even be perfect for a CAS wedding card! Thanks so much for joining us at Skipping Stones this week for our challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done on the colors. Love the flourish and how you embossed it. Thanks for sharing with us at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so lovely! The embossing is gorgeous and what a perfect bow. Thanks so much for joining us at Skipping Stones Designs :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow that's really an elegant card. Totally love that embossing.

    Thanks for joining our fortnightly challenge here at Gingerloft Card Challenge. Hope you will join us next time. DT Crafting Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! This is SO pretty!! Your embossing on the fine details of this stamp are exquisite!!

    Thank you for joining us at The Stamping Boutique Embossing Challenge this week!

    Stacie
    TSB DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Simple, sweet, and elegant. Thanks for joining us at the Stamping Boutique

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very Elegant card I just the clean and simple look of it. Thank you for playing along this week at The Stamping Boutique. Good luck in the challenge and I hope to see you in the next challenge.

    TTFN,

    CraftyGirl TSB DT
    craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely card. Thank you for joining us at The Stamping Boutique.

    Lawren

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh so very elegant Jennifer! Love the subtle sparkle accents.....thanks so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I saw your beautiful creation on Make It Monday and had to visit and take a closer look. Gorgeous! TFS!

    My entries are: #111 and #124.

    I would love to have you visit my blogs: Paper and Scraps Creations by Julia and Me and Myself on the Dark…

    Hugs,

    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love damask too. This is truly elegant. Thanks for joining us at The Stamping Boutique. I hope you will join us for the next challenge. Good Luck~Patti TSB DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely gorgeous! Great work! Thanks for playing along with Skipping Stones Sketch this week.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is really stunning! Thanks for sharing your talent with Skipping Stones Design!

    ReplyDelete