Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Papercraft Star Challenge 63

This weeks challenge at Papercraft Star is to use a sketch by the super talented Kim of Paper Loves Glue! The poppy stamp came from Hero Arts. I just love poppies! I stamped the poppy twice on white cardstock then used several shades of Copic markers to color the images. Next I cut about a half inch into the strip on both sides to appear as if I cut out the flowers. I punched a couple of strips of Ripe Avocado cardstock to layer behind the poppies. This was then layered onto Terracotta Tile cardstock. I used a Marta Stewart punch with Fabric Circles 065 to make my little butterfly. I used a couple of Stampin' Up! stamps onto thee diary page from Blank Backgrounds, punched it out and popped it up. I finished my card by adding a punch of pearls along the scalloped edges.
You have until 6am Monday eastern time to link up to Papercraft Star using this sketch.
I hope to see you there! The design team has created some amazing projects to inspire you. Plus you could win some fabulous digital download from our sponsor The House Across The Bay!


Supplies:
Digital Images: Fabric Circles 065 and Blank Backgrounds 045 from The House Across The Bay
Stamps: Poppy from Hero Arts, Bliss and Four Frames from Stampin' Up!
Paper: Stampers Select White, Ripe Avocado and Terracotta Tile from Papertrey Ink
Misc: pearls and foam dimensionals

8 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh do I love the way you made that sentiment! I might have to steal that idea. LOL Those poppies make such a bold an beautiful statement. Gorgeous card Jennifer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. But but but I was going to do that with the sentiment !! LOVE that idea. And the poppies are so beautiful Jennifer - excellent work !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I love those Poppies! Your sentiment is so cute I love the way you stamped the sentiment along with an image! SO pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Jennifer, gorgeous! Those flowers are to die for and great use of the digis!! I love that you stamped on the diary page! Wonderful work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Jennifer! That is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jennifer, I just love how you die cut that diary page and added a gorgeous stamped frame. Such a beautiful idea! Your card is just lovely with those poppy flowers! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous, Jennifer! Love, love your stamping and coloring. the flowers are just stunning. I really love the scalloped punch you used, too.

    ReplyDelete