Sunday, September 18, 2011

Black And White With A Hint Of Color

I recently saw a photograph of a white Poppy and really wanted to try to stamp one. I stamped it on white cardstock, heat embossed it, and colored it with Copics. It is really hard to "color" something white. I think I will have to try to find a grey embossing powder to try it again sometime. For the background I used a new embossing folder from The Paper Studio I found at Hobby Lobby. I added a hint of color with the beads for the center of the flower and the olive green stem. I added some white ribbon and a bow.
Here's a close up of the poppy. You can get a better idea that I curled the leaves for a bit more definition. Plus you can really see the hint of color in the beads and the embossed background.
Have you ever seen a white poppy before? I love the poppy flower and I am completely blown away by the beauty of this white poppy! It's absolutely stunning!

17 comments:

  1. Obrigada pelo doce comentário... Que bela flor a sus!! Um miolo cheio de polen!!!! Bom domingo!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful card. Love the bit of metallic coloring in the center. Thanks for sharing and have a great day. Angela

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is stunning... the beads in the centre really makes it I think. Wonderful work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful poppy card! Thanks for joining us at Stampotique Designers Challenge # 38.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow stunning! Love the whole idea. Thanks for joining the Stampotique designer's challenge

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card and the poppy is stunning. I had White poppies in my garden and they were so delicate and pretty

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful card and gorgeous inspiration. Thanks for joining us at Stampotique.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful Poppy card! I really like the beads for the center of the flower.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice card! Thanks for joining us at Creatalicious Challenges.
    Hugs, Janne

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning! What a wonderful, creative idea!
    Thank you for joining us at CMC.
    Hugs,
    Marie CMC DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. This flower is beautiful and I love addition of the beds in the center. Thanks for joining us at Stampotique Designer's Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful!
    Thank you for joining us at Stampotique Designers Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Saw your beautiful card on the CMC challenge. Love it! I became a follower :-)

    Http://jamcrafts4u.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's not a poppy. It is an anemone.

    ReplyDelete