Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Papercraft Star Challenge 61 Color

This card was inspired by the Papercraft Star Challenge 61 to use the colors Aqua, Navy, Red and/or Neutral. I just loved the picture inspiration. It just said outdoor party to me. If you look closely you can see the waves in the paper on the lanterns.
I created the Japanese lanterns with Digital Fabric 2 Inch Circles from the Etsy shop The House Across The Bay. After punching out the circles I ran them through my crimper for the wave texture, then pushed the centers up for a slight dome shape. I glued a small piece of paper towel to the back of each one before adhering to the card front, so it could help retain it's dome shape. I used a piece Navy Baker's Twine for the lanterns to hang from. The sentiment "celebrate" came from Stampin' Up!

Here's the Picture Inspiration for the Papercraft Star Challenge 61 Color Please come over and play along in the challenge. The other designers have created some fabulous works of art too. I'd love to see your spin on this challenge.

Supplies
Digital Images from The House Across The Bay "Fabric Circles 065"
Paper: Stamper's Select White cardstock from papertrey InK
Ink: Night of Navy from Stampin" Up!
Stamp: Retired from Stampin' Up!
Miscellaneous: paper crimper, Liquid Glass and Navy Baker's Twine

7 comments:

  1. Jennifer how cute! The lanterns even look like they are embossed! Great idea to run them thru a crimper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear, now I was going to say exactly what Anitra said !! The lanterns are perfect !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Putting the texture on those circles to emulate the lanterns was such a great idea and added so much interest to your card. Terrific project!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is gorgeous...I luv the design, texture and colors.....I luvd reading your bio...I luv my me time too, drinking coffee and just chillin....hope your weekend is fabby!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun and simple card! I love the ripples on the lanterns, such a great touch. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is stunning, Jennifer! Classic, clean, and just lovely!

    ReplyDelete