Monday, September 12, 2011

Recycled Magnet Bookmark

Have you ever thought about repurposing those magnetic business cards that come in junk mail or on things like new phone books? Welp I love making them into new things. It's pretty easy to peel the layer of paper off of them. Then you can decorate them however you want.
I used black ink to stamp Linda, colored her with copics and various shades of watercolor crayons for the background. Next I framed her with washi paper tape.
For the other side of the bookmark I stamped Angel, colored her with copics, used watercolor crayons for the background and framed her with washi tape.
I stamped her wings again and layered them over the first set to add some depth. You can see the shadow in the picture above.
Above you can see a picture of them together on my refrigerator. If you leave a slight gap in between the magnets they can be wrapped with washi tape around the center. Make sure you add the paper to the correct sides of the magnets. That way when they are back to back they stick together. I love a magnetic bookmark! This way if I drop my book I don't have to worry so much about losing my page. Plus it does not stick out that much and my little one can not take it out for me ;)