Sunday, September 18, 2011

Black And White With A Hint Of Color

I recently saw a photograph of a white Poppy and really wanted to try to stamp one. I stamped it on white cardstock, heat embossed it, and colored it with Copics. It is really hard to "color" something white. I think I will have to try to find a grey embossing powder to try it again sometime. For the background I used a new embossing folder from The Paper Studio I found at Hobby Lobby. I added a hint of color with the beads for the center of the flower and the olive green stem. I added some white ribbon and a bow.
Here's a close up of the poppy. You can get a better idea that I curled the leaves for a bit more definition. Plus you can really see the hint of color in the beads and the embossed background.
Have you ever seen a white poppy before? I love the poppy flower and I am completely blown away by the beauty of this white poppy! It's absolutely stunning!