Monday, February 21, 2011

Cake Stands

I picked up these small wooden decorative pieces for $2 or $3 each from Lowe's. I had my husband cut a couple of small wood squares for the top. Then I screwed the pieces together, filled imperfections with wood filler and painted them white. I picked up a bag of glass rocks from the Dollar Tree and hot glued them into place around the edges.

 

Today I found this fantastic candle stick and square plate on clearance at Hobby Lobby. I paid just over $6 for them both. I really like the square shape and decorative edge, but do not like the roosters.
I used masking tape to create a square straight edge. Then I randomly ripped the masking tape and covered up that rooster.I then sponged shades of brown, burgundy and orange ink all over the masking tape.
The roosters are gone!
And to finish it up I hot glued the plate to the candle stick.
Voila!

No comments:

Post a Comment