Friday, November 16, 2012

Give Thanks

 
I'm still so happy we put the stone around our fireplace! I just love it!
I decided I wanted to make a banner for Thanksgiving to help show it off.


I made this banner using a paper packet called Felicity from Close To My Heart. I'm not sure how long I've had it now, but it's about time I cut it! Lol You won't believe what I used to make the base of the pennants. I used the chipboard from a 3 ring binder that was broken. I'm sure you've seen what a binder looks like once it's worn out. The plastic exterior "breaks" and starts to tear. Well inside is really heavy weight chipboard. So next time you have one that is worn out, pull out the chipboard and make something new with it. It would be perfect for things like boxes.

 
I used rust colored glitter on chipboard for the words Give Thanks. I just love all the colors in nature during fall. Such beautiful shades of red, orange, yellow, greens and of course my favorite color brown. I try to take a week of vacation every year in November to begin making my Christmas cards and gifts. It also gives me a chance to get a really good cleaning done before family joins us for Thanksgiving dinner. For me making cards is a wonderful way to relax and express my love for the people I make them for.  I'm not sure anyone other than us card makers know just how much time can be involved in the card making process.  But I believe they know it's special because it was handmade just for them.

I hope you have the most wondeful Thanksgiving!
And that you can take time to reflect on all you are thankful for!


15 comments:

  1. WOWZA!!!! This is FABULOUS and showcases that beautiful fireplace/mantel beautifully! Love that mantel clock too ... looks like mine ... is it an antique German wind up clock? If it's like mine, the sound of the chimes is beautiful!!
    Beautiful creation and home! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood ‘THANKFUL’ challenge and please come back again soon!
    Darlene
    one of the 'Sistahs'
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love plaid!! wonderful Thanksgiving day banner!! Thank you for playing along with us at Really Reasonable ribbon!!
    Hugs
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at you! So crafty and decorating your house with your hand-made goodies. How delightful and heart-warming. Special touches that the family will always remember and treasure. Thank you for sharing this at Word Art Wednesday. I am so blessed to have you play along with us, and consider it a great privilege to get to see your darling art work. I hope you will continue to play along with us each week. I would LOVE seeing more of your sweet art.
    I just became a follower here on your blog, and would really appreciate it if you would take a moment to pop by my personal blog and also follow me. I love making new blog friends, and look forward to the inspiration I will find here. Hope you will stop by and see me soon. Here is my blog address:
    www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

    Blessings,
    Karen L
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a delightful way to decorate but also to inspire everyone to give thanks. We loved seeing your work and thank you for sharing on our site. Come back real soon!
    Psalm 103 Blessings,
    Carole Robb Bisson,
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  5. This banner is adorable! I love how you used glittered chipboard for the letters! I am your newest GFC follower. I'd love for you to stop by Posed Perfection for a visit sometime and maybe even a follow back. Have a wonderful week!
    Blessings,
    Nici

    ReplyDelete
  6. cute!

    I have a weekend party I'd love for you to share this on:

    http://westernwarmth.blogspot.com

    Thanks!

    Bobi

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is so pretty - i love your choice of colors, the phrase, and i'm sure it makes folks happy when they encounter it in your home. thanks for playing along with us at Really Reasonable Ribbon! - Vivian

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great decoration! So glad you shared it with us at For Fun!
    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  9. How awesome is this! I love that it is homemade and is a perfect decoration for your beautiful fire place.

    Thanks for playing Thanks/Thanksgiving at For Fun Challenges! Happy Thanksgiving and see you in 2 weeks when the new challenge is posted!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your Thanksgiving bunting, fabulous glittered letters.

    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamps Challenge.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is just fabulous. The pennants with Thank you on them is clever. The scene gives that comfy home feeling. Thanks for sharing your wonderful art with us.
    Hugz
    Pixie Christine

    ReplyDelete
  12. The stone is gorgeous, Jennifer. Wow, your mantel looks lovely and I think your banners are fab! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, Jennifer, I just adore those glittery letters! What a beautiful banner! Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving and are getting geared up for a festive Christmas season. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful Banner! I love the sparkle!

    ReplyDelete