Saturday, March 9, 2013

Shabby Chic Dress Form


Over twelve years ago I worked for The Limited and when my store closed this dress form was going to be put in a dumpster. I just couldn't see it going into a landfill. I originally thought I would try to grow plants and moss on it as a cool garden statue, but Chad hated the idea. I still think that would be really cool!
Over the years I've mostly used it at Halloween dressed up as the Headless Horseman.

note: I think this is the only picture I have left of the before of my counter tops. We've repainted the kitchen again too. Soon I'll post my kitchen makeover.

Recently I decided to make it a bit prettier. I used Mod Podge to glue scraps of text paper all over the form. I used Scor-tape to add the pretty lace at the bottom to make her a skirt. Instead of the attic her new home is in my craft room next to my treadmill. It's now pretty inspiration to get my butt in gear on it!


I found this lovely bird jewelery finding at Hobby Lobby and just knew I had to have it to make this necklace. In the fabric dept with ribbon I found the crystal and pearl beaded strand sold by the yard. Such a perfect piece to make a necklace, no time consuming work required.


Here is a close up of the satin ribbon flower I made to hide the seam where the ribbon overlaps.

The third necklace is a fun find from an Etsy shop. When I saw this Dandelion Wish Necklace I knew it would be perfect for my shabby chic dress form!

I thought I'd share my Shabby Chic Dress Form with The Charm Of Home, Common Ground,

7 comments:

  1. That is so sweet! I'm so glad you didn't throw it away.....great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's very beautiful... what a lovely art piece it is now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks absolutely gorgeous, so much nicer than black plastic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love what you have done with this. It looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow...what an amazing transformation...Love your altered shabby dress form! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a creative and unique project. Lovely home decor. Thanks for playing along with Let's Get Shabby.

    ReplyDelete