Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Strawberry Muffins

The challenge this week at Papercraft Star is the Kitchen. I decided to a digital image from our sponsor, The House Across The Bay called Garden 117. I love the big juicy strawberries!


I made the card and box for the muffins as a gift to brighten a friends day. All the other supplies used came from my stash. I used a Stampin' Up! punch for the scalloped edges.


I'm sharing a recipe for my muffins. I hope you will enjoy :)

Strawberry Muffins
1/4 cup oil
1/2 cup milk
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 cup white sugar
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup chopped strawberries
Directions
Preheat oven to 375 degrees, oil an 8 cup muffin tin, or use paper liners.
In a small bowl, combine oil, milk, and egg. Beat lightly. In a large bowl, mix flour, salt, baking powder and sugar. Toss in chopped strawberries and stir to coat with flour. Pour in milk mixture and stir together.
Fill muffin cups. Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 25 minutes, or until the tops
bounce back from the touch. Cool 10 minutes and remove from pans.

I hope you will come play along with us this week! You have until 6am eastern time Monday to share your project with us. We are also excited to announce a new Design Team Member Jinny Newlin! Please come welcome her!

5 comments:

  1. Your card is absolutely delish, Jennifer! LOVE that color combo, and your little box is the perfect place for that yummy muffin! Thanks for sharing the recipe, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer, I loved your box and card, the muffin looks yummy ,too. I was hoping to see more pictures as the box was just gorgeous! thanks for sharing the recipe here! Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sure could munch that muffin right about now! LOL Your project is just precious Jennifer. I love that image you used and when you paired the card with that sweet little box of goodness---awesome! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jennifer I love this card! The image looks so lovely framed with the scalloped mat, and matched the little box perfectly! Thanks for the recipe I will definitely be baking me some of those muffins!

    Anitra

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful job on your project this week - I am mega-impressed !! Your growth as a designer is more and more evident. So glad we have you at PCS, Jennifer !!

    ReplyDelete