Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day Cake


Happy Mother's Day!

Yesterday my husband Chad took our son Parker to the store. Parker decided for Mother's Day that he wanted to help mommy make a cake. So he picked out a confetti cake and confetti frosting. We baked it together last night. He really just wanted to eat all the confetti! ;)    After the cake cooled I frosted it. I have been wanting to decorate another cake since I took that Wilton cake decorating class last month. I still need to work on my handwriting and flowers. I am pretty tickled with the out come though, after all this is only the second cake I've ever decorated with flowers and writing. I'm still pretty amazed that frosting can be totally smooth. I am looking forward to taking the fondant class and flowers. I'd love to learn how to make those beautiful roses and basket weave pattern. I guess you can tell I'm not a pink kinda girl. Considering the colors I've picked for the flowers.

1 comment:

  1. The cake look so yummy and your son is ADORABLE!
    Hugs,
    LIM

    ReplyDelete