Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Lucky Me

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

I think I'm officially obsessed with decorative tape! I really love all the decorative tapes that Tapeswell offers. To make the hat box and card I used the green Scroll decorative tape. The hat started off as a plain kraft brown paper mache box. I flipped it upside down and glued green textured cardstock to chip board, cut it into a circle, then glued it onto the lid to make the hat bottom. I then covered the rest of the box in green paper and added the tape over it for a fun pattern. The tape actually helps to protect the box from the paper wearing off. To make the four leaf clovers I added the tape to a celery green cardstock then used a heart shaped punch. I found a fancy label shape punch from EK Success at Hobby Lobby to make the buckle. The sentiment came from Stampin' Up! I also found the gold chocolate coins and pipe at Hobby Lobby. My son Parker is so cute, he believes chocolate coins are magic!
I'm linking this project to Papercraft Star, Kraft Journal, Anything Goes, Aly's Sunday Challenge, If The Shoe Fits, Card Makin Mamas, Allsorts, Shelly's Images, Delicious Doodles, Sew Many Challenges, Tellen's Place and Easy Craft Projects.