Saturday, November 20, 2010

Christmas Tree O Christmas Tree


This card was inspired by Jennifer McGuire. I saw a video she made recently in a series called Holiday Thinking Inking for Two Peas in a Bucket. I think it's a perfect fit for the Papercraft Star Challenge 22. Make a Holiday card or tag that features a Christmas tree or Ornament using a die cut, ribbon, handmade embellishment and bling. So voila! I handmade my Christmas tree using her twisted canvas technique and added pearls to it. The tree trunk is brown velvet ribbon and I scrunched up burgundy ribbon for the tree skirt. Used a spellbinders die for the sentiment "Christmas Tree O Christmas Tree". I used silver sparkle glue to highlight the decorative edge of the card. It opens to the green snowflake paper. finally I sprayed the entire card with a glimmer mist. A suttle touch so beautiful in person! Check out the challenge here... http://papercraftstar.blogspot.com/2010/11/challenge-22-is-open.html