Sunday, December 15, 2013

Another Use for Glitter Wrapping Paper



This year I found  rolls of glitter wrapping paper at Walmart. It comes in silver, gold, green, and red. After wrapping a few presents, I decided to see if I could die cut the scrap paper. It worked! Yay! The best part is that it's only $4 a roll. A 12x12 sheet of glitter cardstock is about $1 for one sheet.
Now I know, I can use all this beautiful wrapping paper for all sorts of other crafts.
 
 
The first thing I tested to see how well the wrapping paper would work with my dies was this Christmas Word Tree. This die came from Die-Versions. I immediately knew I had to make a Christmas card. To make my card I used  Whiter Shimmer cardstock from Papertrey Ink and patterned paper from the Winter Frost  designer series by  Stampin' Up!
 
 
Here's a close up of all the fabulous sparkle on my Christmas Word Tree card. Next to my thumb you can see a hint of the white shimmer cardstock I that I used for the card base. Isn't it lovely!
 
 
Here's a picture of a Christmas card I received, that I think is just gorgeous.
I love all the silver glitter. I decided to use it to make another card.
Do you ever repurpose the Christmas cards you get?
I keep all the card I am given. Some I will treasure forever. Others I keep to eventually repurpose.
 
 
Here's my new Reindeer card.
I love the pop of color the green glitter wrapping paper gave it. I used red wrapping paper and the Believe die from Die-Versions to add the perfect final touch.
 
 
I love seeing all the sparkle and texture from the glitter.
 
I hope I've inspired you to repurpose your cards and use up all the scrap wrapping paper :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment