Monday, November 12, 2012

Who Is Marking Your Life?


 
Several years ago I received this postcard in the mail. I thought it was pretty cool and wanted to save it for something special. It's kinda a deep thought "Who is marking your Life?"
The back of the postcard says "Tattoos have been around for thousands of years. No matter your view of tats, we all have marks on our souls because of what someone has said or done to us. They feel permanent and we allow them to define us. But what if we listened to what God has to say about us instead of others? Because all of us have been marked by someone. Who is marking your life?"
It's so true. No matter what we look like it's what is on the inside that counts. It's about what we do with our lives that matters. I hope during my lifetime I will leave a good lasting impression on another human being. Especially my little man, Parker!
 
I want to share another beautiful quote with you.
 
“People are often unreasonable and self-centered. Forgive them anyway.
If you are kind, people may accuse you of ulterior motives. Be kind anyway.
If you are honest, people may cheat you. Be honest anyway.
If you find happiness, people may be jealous. Be happy anyway.
The good you do today may be forgotten tomorrow. Do good anyway.
Give the world the best you have and it may never be enough. Give your best anyway.
For you see, in the end, it is between you and God. It was never between you and them anyway.”
― Mother Teresa
 
Well this concludes my deep thoughts for today. Well maybe :)
Anyhow I made this picture with the Hanging Decorations Stampotique Designers Challenge in mind. I'd also like to share this with Artistic Inspirations, and Eureka Stamps.

11 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful Jennifer. Thank you so much for sharing it with Stampotique Originals and your quotes too, they are both very special. Gez

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great quotes, I love the monochrome feel to your project. My Son has a tattoo that is a quote 'You shine a light on my life' it is about his Grandmother, which for a young man is extremely thoughtful.

    Thanks so much for joining in the Artistic Inspirations challenge this week, Judith xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely and touching. Well said.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really beautiful frame! Thanks for joining us at Stampotique. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, that is definitely thought provoking. I love it (and I'm tatted)...but I love the stamp you chose to use with the postcard. Thanks for joining us at Stampotique Designer's Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. YES... YEs... Yes. I love this...
    Thanks for joining us at Stampotique this week.
    See you again soon.
    Sarinda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely great quotes..gotta love Mother Teresa :) Awesome creation here and glad you joined us at Stampotique!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, amazing frame!
    Thanks for joining us at Stampotique Designer's Challenge.
    Magda :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely creation. Thanks so much for joining us at Eureka Stamps. joann sassy raggedy

    ReplyDelete
  10. lovely, thank you for entering it into the stampotique challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really enjoyed your blog thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete