Monday, October 15, 2012

Happy Holidays Poinsettia

The design of this card was inspired by a pillow I saw on Pinterest. I started by randomly cutting a 2 1/4 inch wide white satin ribbon into diamond shapes to make the poinsettia flower. Next I used my heat gun to melt the edges of the ribbon to prevent fraying. It also gives it a nice wave to the ribbon petals. I used Helmar's Premium Craft Glue to adhere them to the embossed kraft paper. The mini jingle bells were stitched into place. Next, that layer was glued onto red cardstock then onto the kraft card base. The Happy Holidays sentiment came from Close To My Heart. The frame stamp and punch came from Stampin' Up!


Pinned Image
Isn't it simply a lovely holiday pillow! Here's the link to the original post and pillow tutorial. 

11 comments:

  1. Great job being unique and working with the pillow inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea! Don't you just love the stuff we can find on Pinterest!?! Thanks for playing along at Totally Stampalicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fantastic!!! Thank you so much for joining us at Make it Monday this week with your gorgeous card! Don't forget to leave a comment on another entry and mention you saw them on MIM for a chance at our second prize!
    Good luck,
    Rene ;D

    ReplyDelete
  4. BEAUTIFUL! Love how the kraft paper looks like burlap! So glad you joined us this week at My Craft Spot!!!

    housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
    www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! Thanks for playing along with us this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous card! I LOVE how the embossing looks like real burlap! I NEED that folder! LOL! Thanks for playing at My Craft Spot!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Fabulous texture and dimension on your card, and thanks for the link to the poinsettia pillow tutorial! Thanks for joining in this week's H2H challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! Stopping by to 'check you out' :) Thanks for commenting on my seed packets. Love the shirt AND the hanger! Love your post here, following you now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card!! I saw this on MIM and had to check it out. Love your flower and your colors. Great job!! I just became your newest follower. I would love for you to follow me too. Have a wonderful week!! Hugs, Gloria

    http://purpleglocreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really pretty! Your flower turned out amazing! Thanks for entering your card in the Monday challenge at My Craft Spot. :)

    Ally

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful card! I love that embossing- what brand folder is it?

    ReplyDelete