Friday, October 19, 2012

Embellished T


 
I love white t-shirts! What can I say? I'm a walking accident. And I need shirts that when I have my little oops moments bleach can come to my rescue. lol
I wear short sleeved t-shirts all year round. Now that it's starting to get a bit cooler I can simply layer them with a cardigan. No worries about being too hot.
I made these flowers with 2 1/4 inch wide white satin ribbon. I randomly cut circles that could be layered. Next I used my heat gun to melt the edges to prevent fraying. By using my heat gun it gives the ribbon a slight curl. Plus it's safe, I've seen it done with candles or lighters. Nope not me, again walking accident here. Not a good idea to play with fire! Next I threaded some pearl beads for the center of the flowers, layered some circles and sewed into place. Easy enough. Now my $8 t-shirt looks like a $40 shirt from one of my favorite stores.
 

 
Here's a close up of my handmade flowers. I love them so much I will just have to make some more in gorgeous jewel tones for fall.
 
I'm sharing this with The Stuff Of Success and Tatertots and Jello.
 
If you haven't done so already check out the rest of my blog for my Stuck On You Giveaway. Someone will be lucky enough to win a prize pack worth $85. The winner will be announced first thing on the 28th.

1 comment:

  1. Your flowers certainly did dress that t-shirt up. Thanks for the tip to use the heat gun. I've been wanting to make these, but was concerned about the flame also. Your edges look softer too. I also hadn't thought of just getting different colors of satin ribbon. That makes sense, so many colors! Thanks for the information.

    ReplyDelete