Sunday, September 23, 2012

Thankful, Grateful, Appreciative

I'm so excited about Autumn!
I just love this time of year when the weather is a bit cooler and the leaves on trees turn such gorgeous shades of red, orange and yellow. I've already started burning my Pumpkin Pie scented candles. Yum!
The colors of fall are the inspiration for this card. The base of my card was created by randomly stamping leaves in versamark on pumpkin pie cardstock. At the bottom I added some rust organza ribbon layered with brown velvet ribbon. Next I threaded brown satin ribbon through the cream lace ribbon. I made the flower with burgundy satin ribbon. I saw the technique some time ago on the Really Reasonable Ribbon Blog. The sentiment was created by coloring a stamp with green, brown, red and orange markers. I stamped it on cream cardstock, fussy cut it and adhered to my card with foam mounting squares. I can't remember the name of the stamp.It came from Stampin' Up! several years ago, so it's probably retired now.
 

2 comments:

  1. Your card displays a gorgeous amount of yummy fabric and lace. Thank you so much for joining us this week at Sentimental Sundays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How pretty! Lovely bloom and love the lace! Thanks for entering the RRR challenge!

    ReplyDelete