Saturday, September 15, 2012

Pinterst Made Me Do It

 
I keep seeing amazing painted furniture transformations on Pinterest. So I just had to search the Internet to learn learn about different types of chalk paint like Annie Sloan Chalk Paint and Miss Mustard Seed Milk Paint. I've seen a ton of recipes on Pinterest for DIY Chalk Paint using things like Plaster of Paris, Spackle or non-sanded grout.
Well I just had to paint something! I went searching  places like flea markets, yard sales, and Campbell Yard Sales. Then I upon stumbled You Never Know and found this dresser needing some love.
 
 
After bringing it home I could hardly wait to paint it!
I could not stand the wait to order chalk paint online. So instead of going to Lowe's to buy some paint, I used some I found in our garage. I couldn't figure out where the Spackle or grout was, so I improvised. I got a disposable cup, some baking soda, a splash of water and paint. Mixed it up and slapped it on the dresser. Can you tell I was excited and couldn't wait any longer!?! It dried pretty quickly so I lightly sanded it down the to bring out some of the underlying wood. And finally finished it off with Minwax Special Dark Paste Finishing Wax.
YAY! It now has a happy place in my craft room. I can hardly wait to get some "real chalk paint" to test it out. I need another piece of furniture, so stay tuned to get a peak where I create. :)
 
 


3 comments: