Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Elegant Thank You Card

 
I simply love damask patterns. I find them classy and elegant.
 
The base of my card is Basic Grey. I heat embossed the damask pattern from a Stampin' Up! Sale-A-Bration set called Bliss on Sahara Sand cardstock. The grosgrain ribbon color is called So Saffron. I finished my card with a few rhinestones for a bit of sparkle.

 

Here you can get a hint of the sheen of the embossed damask pattern. I think this color combination is so lovely.
I made this thank you card for my neighbor Donna. Yesterday she was kind enough to surprise me with 3 big bags of craft goodness. They were filled with things like glitter glues, rhinestones, ribbons, fabrics, sequins even a calligraphy pen and nibs. It was such a delight to look through all the fun stuff. I had such a rough day at work yesterday. Boy was it ever a Monday! It was nice to forget about the issues, and think about creating something beautiful!  It's sometimes funny that something as small and trivial as a roll of ribbon can make me happy. But isn't that why most of us craft :)