Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Cheers To You

The challenge this week at Papercraft Star is umbrellas.
It took me a while to figure out what I was going to do. I was originally thinking April Showers. But I don't have a single umbrella stamp. Hmmm what's a girl to do. Then the light bulb came on...a cocktail umbrella!
The fun red polka dot paper, fruit stamps and sentiment are from Stampin' Up! I'm sure all long retired, because I think I've had them for a good 5 or 6 years. Yep, I did it. I finally did it. I cut some of that paper I hoard and finally inked up a stamp I just had to have years ago! YAY! It was a bit over due! Lol
The glass was made from vellum paper that I inked up to have some yellow color. I used some scor-tape to add the salt  glitter to the glass and envelope. I used one of my son's bendy straws and a cocktail umbrella to finish off my fruity drink. Ta da!
Victorian Women ATC Digital Collage ACEO Backgrounds Vintage Digital Collage 2.5 x 3.5 Vintage Victorian Images Tags Card  170
So I can hardly wait to see your take on the theme of umbrellas!
 Our sponsor The House Across The Bay has some fabulous digital images like Victorian Women 170 that would be perfect for this week's challenge! You have until 6 am Eastern time on Monday to share your talent and possibly win some digital images from The House Across The Bay!

7 comments:

  1. Fabulous card, Jennifer, I remember that set and wished they had not retired it! Love your little umbrella, Cheers to you on a Wednesday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So CUTE Jennifer! Perfect way to think outside the box! Love the polka dots along with that beverage umbrella!

    Anitra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well you certainly are a visual person. I could drink this right now! Really realistic you clever girl. I love, love, love this card!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just absolutely love this card Jennifer. When I saw that drink glass all frosted with the straw and umbrella I couldn't do anything but grin from ear to ear. So clever and fun. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a fun idea, Jennifer! I think I have some lemon slice vellum that would be perfect for a CASE ;). And that glitter rim is the perfect finishing touch! Way to pay attention to the details!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so smart !! (and a gal after my own heart, too, I admit !) Fun fun fun !! ♥♥♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete