Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Bonjour

The challenge this week at Papercraft Star is to include something French.
I immediately thought of the Eiffel Tower. Some of the other ideas that had come to mind was the classic blue and white toile patterns, lace, fluer de lis, and words like Merci Beaucoup.

I started with kraft cardstock then layered it with black cardstock and White Grunge Squares 139 from our sponsor The House Across The Bay.
 I probably printed this square about six months ago, and until now could not decide how to use it. I also finally inked up the Eiffel Tower, Fluer de Lis and Bonjour stamp. It was probably only 5 years ago I bought them! lol Yep, I'm guilty of hoarding beautiful papers and buying fabulous stamps that go unused for weeks, months or even years at a time. Well this lil' ol' blog o' mine is my Crafters Anonymous. I'm addicted!
 I randomly stamped Bonjour all over the background paper. I used Soft Suede ink to stamp the Fluer De Lis on the strip of kraft cardstock. I used more Soft Suede ink with the script and postmark rubber stamp from MSE! Over that I used black ink to stamp the Eiffel Tower. I used a punch from EK Success to cut out the image, then layered it with black cardstock. I stamped Bonjour on ivory cardstock, used an oval punch from Stampin' Up! and layered it with black cardstock. I used a pair of scissors to lightly distress the edges.
Voila!
I can hardly wait to see what you and the other designers come up with!
I'm sharing my card with The Kraft Outlet
Supplies:
Digital image "White Grunge Squares 139" from The House Across The Bay
Bonjour, Fluer De Lis, Eiffel Tower stamps, Oval Punch and Soft Suede Ink from Stampin' Up!
Postmark / Script stamp from MSE!
Fancy Label punch from EK Success

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful card,Jennifer, love your design and the elements you used! Yes, I hoard and save as well, but isn't it fun to find them again? Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer I know I've told you this before, but you do some really beautiful things with Kraft cardstock! No worries about the hoarding I think we're all a little guilty of that;-)

    Hugs,
    Anitra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! This is great! I thought the "Bonjour" was part of the paper at first. That was a very clever idea my girl. :-) I'm not saying one single word about hoarding. LOL Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aren't all those Grunge sheets just absolutely delish?! LOVE all the layering you've pulled into this beauty! And that image you've stamped on your kraft cardstock fits this design perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful card - I love it!!!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too am really crazy about the stamp all over the paper - and it makes it look as if it were some imported fancy dancy thing straight from a Paris street market !! I am soooooooo going to steal this idea for myself. I am.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is tres chic! I love that digi background you have here. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete