Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Papercraft Star Challenge 66 Fall Leaves

I just love all the warm earthy colors of Fall! There are so many beautiful shades of red, orange, yellow, green and brown starting to show up in trees here in the south. It's just breath taking here during the peak of the season. The Great Smokies are incredible this time of year!
Here's another picture of my card in the sunlight. you can get a better glimpse of the metallic rub-on paste I used to highlight the leaves on the embossed background. It looks so pretty on the red cardstock and goes so well with the Log Brown seam binding ribbon.
Here is the photo inspiration for this week's challenge at Papercraft Star.
Isn't it gorgeous! It makes want to take a nature hike and find a spot for a picnic!
I hope you will come play along with us this week. I'm sure the other designers will inspire you as well. You have until 6am Eastern time Monday to link up!

You could win some great digital images from our sponsor The House Across The Bay. Perhaps even the Inked Grunge ATC 148 that I used to make the focal point and leaves in my card ;)
Supplies:
Cardstock: Pure Poppy and Ripe Avocado from Papertrey Ink
Snug Hug Seam Binding ribbon in Log Brown
Stamp: Give Thanks from Stampin' Up! set Hand Penned
Punch: Scallop Trim from Stampin' Up! and leaf -maker unkown
Embossing Folder: Leaves from Paper Studio
Metallic Rub-on Paste found at Gina K Designs

17 comments:

  1. How gorgeous. Thanks for playing with PWCO!
    Hugs
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  2. fab card great colors and layout!
    thanks for playing with us at fussy and fancy this week
    hugs
    céline Dt member

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love how you picked up the green from the photo so perfectly ! (the photo was taken near my home, where the grass is emerald green in the midst of winter.) Very charming card, I see something new every time I look at it !

    ReplyDelete
  4. What gorgeous colors on your card! I just love fall and the beauty it brings. :) Smiles ~ Brandi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is wonderful Jennifer! Love the rub on metallic paste. That's always a nice effect on a card. :-)
    We'll be heading up to the Smokies for Thanksgiving this year. We'll probably miss all the changing leaves but that's okay. Lots of other good stuff to see. Hope I get to see a bear again. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. You card is gorgeous - the colours are stunning. Autumnal colours are so lovely. With the exception perhaps of fresh spring colours, I think the reds, golds, browns are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful fall card - love your BG and pretty seam binding ribbon bow! Thanks for playing along with the Bloggers Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Jennifer those are some gorgeous colors!!! I love the embossing and the seam binding is beautiful. What an elegant card!!!

    Anitra

    ReplyDelete
  9. SO very beautiful, Jennifer! Love the depth of fall color here. The gold metallic touches are just stunning. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card, I love the embossing & the shimmer :)
    Thanks for joining us at SFTW & Good Luck!
    Hugs
    Tracey
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, Jennifer! Another gorgeous card! I love the bold and rich colors, the ribbon, and the embossed leaves! Everything is so well put together!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely FABULOUS Jennifer! The colors took my breath away, so beautiful! I love the embossing, the shimmer and the seam binding. You really captured the inspiration photo in this one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. So very beautiful, Jennifer! Loving the Autumn colors. Thanks for joining us at PWCO!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey Jennifer! Thanks for linking this up to the Textured to Perfection challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete