Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Papercraft Star Challenge 64 Lace


Here's my card for Papercraft Star Challenge 64 Lace.
I repurposed the packaging from rub-ons by 7 Gypsies for my background paper. I distressed and added a handwritten love note on the digital postcard from The House Across The Bay. Threaded a skinny burgundy ribbon through that gorgeous lace to match my handmade wilted ribbon rose.
Here's a link to a video tutorial by Stamper Dog to learn how to make your own flowers.


Here's the inspiration picture for the challenge. Please come play along with us and show some Lace! You'll love what the rest of the Design Team has come up with!
The House Across The Bay has a wonderful array of digital images and papers and there will be a couple of winners that can pick from the Etsy shop!

Supplies:\
Digital Image from The House Across The Bay "Brown Sugar 057"
Papers: Brown Cardstock from Papertrey Ink and repurposed rub-on packaging from 7 Gypsies
Burgundy Ribbon, Lace and Pearls from my stash
Tools: Heat Gun,  Xryon and Ink pen

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful Jennifer! The colors are wonderful and that flower is gorgeous. I love the addition of the red ribbon to the top of the lace and the post card... great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer this is gorgeous! The flower is so stunning! And don't get me started on that lace. The lace is so elegant with the burgundy ribbon threaded thru. Thank you for linking the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup, I think the ribbon through the lace adds the perfect finish to this card. When I have a minute I will have to check out that tutorial - the flower is stunning !! I thought for sure it was an expensive Prima.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh boy is that rose gorgeous! Definitely will be checking out your link. :-) I love how you tucked the postcard in behind your lace. Very pretty presentation! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is nearly 7am for me in Australia, the house is quiet and its my time to catch up on blogs I enjoy reading..... your creations, no matter what style, are always gorgeous..

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the ribbon through the lace adds the perfect finish to this card. When I have a minute I will have to check out that tutorial - the flower is stunning !! I thought for sure it was an expensive Prima.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A real beauty Jennifer, really love your flower, it looks exquisite! Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog, loved reading it! Have a great weekend, greetz from the Netherlands, Ira

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my! I love the red ribbon through the lace too! How is it that I've used lace trim thousands of times and never once thought of something as clever! This card and the pretty vintage style postcard is gorgeous! I love that you added the sweet little note too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A real beauty Jennifer, really love your flower, it looks exquisite! Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog, loved reading it! Have a great weekend, greetz from the Netherlands, Ira

    ReplyDelete