Thursday, August 25, 2011

Cake Decorating Class

Today I wrapped up the Wilton Course 2 Flowers Class. I'm so happy to know how to make those beautiful roses.
I made a ton of them out of Royal Icing. Not my favorite. I prefer the buttercream icing.

I was thrilled to learn how to make the Basket Weave pattern!
The next class is learning about fondant. I can hardly wait to take that one too!
I think I've perfected my cream cheese frosting. Lemme tell you it is fabulous!
It will make a ton of icing, enough to heavily frost a layered cake and decorate all pretty.
It takes 2 packages of cream cheese, 1 cup of butter ( I prefer Fleishmans Olive Oil Butter) 2 pounds powedered sugar and a splash of vanilla extract. Blend till smooth. Add a bit more powdered sugar to make stiffer if making flowers or other decorations. Seriuosly crazy good!!!

4 comments:

  1. What a fun cake! I love cake decorating. My first job ever was at Baskin Robbins and I used to decorate their cakes. My favorite part was making clown cakes. I had such a blast making little personalities out of each one! Oh what a fun job that was!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many thanks for your comment on my tea party invitation - the teacup stamp is by PSX. and those roses look amazing - how cool. What a beautiful cake.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy! I do love those flowers on cakes, but I Love Love buttercream frosting! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great! :) Last year I made a birthday cake for my little daughter, I bought set to decorate and I fail... to decorate cakes this way is very difficult. Regards, Joanna

    ReplyDelete