Friday, July 22, 2011

Hello


The background of this card was made using a faux leather technique. You start by layering the entire card with masking tape, then use several shades of brown inks to age it. I recycled carefully recycled a aluminum can and used a diamond plate embossing folder to create this masculine look. I taped it down with the blue painters masking tape. Next I used alphabet dies to cut "hello" from a sheet of cork. Then I layered it onto some distressed some orange cardstock. The tool stamps came from Technique Tuesday.
This is being linked to the Weekend Wrap Up Party at Tatertots and Jello and to Passionately Artistic.

2 comments:

  1. Jennifer,
    Thank you for the congrad's on Gretchen blog...That was very nice of you.
    Thank you
    Pat Limberg

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. The cork letters are GENIUS. Thanks for the info on the background...will have to try that! ;)

    ReplyDelete