Sunday, August 29, 2010

Magnetic Bookmark


I rarely get a chance to sit down and read a good book. I recently picked one up and every time I set it down my 4 year old little boy wanted to pick it up and take my book mark. Ugh! I've tried a couple different ones with ribbons and the basic one. Welp so far this one seems to be doing the trick! I made this by recycling 2 magnetic business cards. I pulled the business cards off the magnet part, then glued paper to them. I left about a 1/4 inch gap between them then artisan tape to "glue" them together. The gap makes it fold over nicely without extra bulk of paper. I added another strip of decorative tape for more interest and inked up the edges. Viola! This was a quick and easy project. I am now thinking I'll have to make some as gifts, perhaps monogrammed!

No comments:

Post a Comment